Pic by the Baking Robot
1 cup pumpkin puree
1-1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
1 cup pitted, chopped dates
1-3/4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 10×12 baking dish
2. In a small bowl, stir together the pumpkin, lemon juice, and baking soda. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the egg, sugar, canola oil, and dates. Set aside.
4. In yet another bowl, this time medium-sized, combine the flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
5. Add half of the flour mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the pumpkin mixture, then add the rest of the flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Fold in the pecans.
6. Spread mixture evenly in the pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes.
1 cup powdered sugar
2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice until smooth. Liberally drizzle over the bars before cutting.